Sunday 13 October 2013

TESL Ontario: I'm Presenting!

I am getting very excited to have the opportunity to do two workshops at the up-coming TESL Ontario Conference. My workshops are on Thursday, October 24. I will be doing one on my own, and another with two of my colleagues.

Here is the link to the conference brochure: http://www.teslontario.net/uploads/conference/conf2013/Brochure%20100713%20Reduced%20Viewing.pdf 

My first independent workshop is called LINCs to Literacy (code TPM). The description is as follows: Do you have literacy students in your LINC 2/3 classes? Not sure how to begin meeting their needs? Join this workshop to understand how the CLB and Literacy Phases align. Look at and apply ways of incorporating literacy outcomes, approaches and activities into your classes using mainstream LINC resources.

My second group workshop is Multilevel Group Activities for Holidays and Special Occasions (code TQP). The description is as follows:This interactive workshop will provide participants with creative activities to teach and celebrate Canadian holidays while incorporating language outcomes.Presenters will share their experiences of combining classes from Literacy to CLB 5 to mark special days and holidays. Participants will take part in adaptable sample activities that are low budget, low prep and can be used across the levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment